Thursday, August 21, 2014

a Wonder Gift

Calligraphy Alphabets Made Easy


My brother, Mark, gave me this book for Christmas of '91 or '92.   It belongs on a list of best gifts I ever received.

 I'd taken up calligraphy shortly after high school, but this book helped it come to life.  I went through it page by page, carefully studying a new alphabet style each day of the following year, practicing with names, addresses or favorite song lyrics.

My book bears just one ink splotch from when I struggled with a cranky fountain pen that had to be filled through the nib.  I still go back to it regularly.

Margaret Shepard Calligraphy Alphabets Made Easy

Visit Margaret's blog:

margaretshepherd.blogspot.com/

Thanks for visiting!
Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate your comments.