Monday, November 20, 2017

"Watercolor?"

Don't you just love watercolors?
They give handmade cards such a free and airy look.
But you don't always have to dig out your watercolor pencils.


This monochrome card was easy to create, using Memento Rich Cocoa from Imagine.
I stamped this girl on a leftover scrap of watercolor paper and blended along the outlines with a waterbrush.  For a few of the deeper areas, I stamped color directly only an acrylic block and picked it up to create shadows. 


You can't see it in this photo.....but I must confess I'd forgotten to clean my brush after painting with some Delicata Golden Glitz, so some of that showed up in my first strokes on the umbrella.
I liked the look, so I sponged it along the edges of the textured brown cardstock used for layering.
Gives the whole card just a little shine.

Supplies
5 x 6 1/2-inch pre-folded ivory card
textured brown cardstock scrap, cut to a rectangle as shown
"Beautiful You" stamp set--Stampin' Up
Memento Rich Cocoa dye ink, Delicata Golden Glitz--Imagine/Tsukineko

Like this card?  Share to Pinterest!
Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate your comments.