Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I'm So Square

More and more, lately, I find myself turning to square-shaped cards.  I don't know why this is. 

This latest one for my little niece, Sierra, was an accident.  I was working with leftover pieces this morning, including a rectangular card base that had already been cut and scored.  I adhered a contrast piece and ribbon, fastened the flowers with a brad,...and then discovered that my card did not fit the envelope.  It measured a fourth of an inch too tall. 

Hmmmmm.  My square envelopes fit 5 1/2-inch cards.  How about lopping off the sides of this one to match? 

A couple of swift slices, and voila!  I suddenly liked this card.  It looked more fun and playful for a little girl. 

Maybe that's the charm of square cards.   They're unexpected.  They catch us off guard.   They make us smile.  And isn't that what cardmaking is all about?

Happy 3rd Birthday, Sierra Lynn!


 
Supplies:
 
patterned cardstock and inside sentiment die-cut (My Mind's Eye)
white cardstock and pink brad (The Paper Studio)
flowers (miscellaneous scraps!)
yellow polka dot ribbon (American Crafts)
edge punch (EKSuccess)
 
 
 
**I'd love to hear from you! Please leave your comments and questions.**
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate your comments.