Monday, July 8, 2013

A Blue Horizon



My mother's cousin, Nancy, took me to Hawaii with her in September of 2010.  Our hotel was two blocks from the beach at Waikiki.  In the mornings I stood out on the balcony to call home, watching one or two boats bobbing on the horizon as the sun came up behind us.  At night I walked down to join the crowds of people marveling at the strokes of color changing every moment in the sunset sky.

When I pull out my palm tree stamps, island-themed paper pads and stickers, I try to re-create that same feeling.  I made this card for my cousin Peggy's birthday, and she said it's probably as close as she'll get to an island vacation this year.


 
Peggy's Birthday Beach
  • Cardstock:  Flourish Fusion pad (The Paper Studio)
  • Printed paper:  Sand Photo (The Paper Studio)
  • Stamps:  Coastal/Maritime set (Inkadinkado); Chelsea Sentiments set (Inkadinkado)
  • Chalk ink:  Chestnut Roan  (Colorbox)
  • 3D Stickers:  Coconut Palms (EKSuccess)
I cut two layers of the Sand Photo paper and sponged the top edges with Chestnut Roan ink to give it depth.  Don't forget--square cards require extra postage!!




This one may go to my aunt Nancy (the name Nancy runs in the family!).  I didn't realize she was sentimental about the islands until this past week, when she was visiting.  I'd found the song Beyond the Blue Horizon, recorded by Lou Christie, for her, and she was almost teary-eyed as she told me her senior class show over fifty years ago had had a Hawaiian theme.

 
Island Sunset
 
 
  • Cardstock:  Glitter Metalics stack (DCWV); dark brown (The Paper Studio)
  • Patterned paper:  Glitz Pack Afternoon Muse; Sand Photo (The Paper Studio)
  • Stamps:  Coastal/Maritime set (Inkadinkado); Greetings set (TPC Studio); Palm Trees (Recollections by Michael's Stores)
  • Brown Dye ink (Tsukineko)
  • Deckle-edged scissors (Fiskars)
  • Glue Dots (Zots!)


**I'd love to hear from you! Please leave your comments and questions.**

     
      
     
     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate your comments.