Friday, September 26, 2014

Birthday Poppies

I absolutely LOVE these poppy stamps from Hero Arts!  I typically stamp them with dye ink pads and then deepen some of the colors with colored pencils.  

Here, I made the top one first.  I needed another birthday card, and I had this poppy already stamped on a square of vellum, just sitting in my scrap drawer.  I tried layering it over this bright yellow patterned paper and immediately fell in love with the combination.  (I sponged the edges of the vellum first, using brown chalk ink.)  Alas, since it's an old pack, I don't have much of this particular yellow paper--just one more small square.  So..........



...I created this card, using a different poppy and layering the vellum over a more recent patterned paper.  I like it, but I wish it were a brighter yellow.  The colors just don't have the same pop, do they?


Which card do YOU like best?

Patterned Cardstock:  Songbird Duet stack (Momenta)
Sparkle Vellum (The Paper Studio)
Stamps:  H5904 Poppy (Hero Arts)
                Sweetheart Birthday set (Flonzcraft.com)
Dye Ink:  Ladybug Red, Bamboo Leaves, Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
Colored pencils:  red, dark brown (Prismacolor)
4 bronze brads (The Paper Studio)
Sponge dauber  

Thanks for visiting!
Come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate your comments.