Monday, February 16, 2015

Pastel Pencils

I thought the sand trucks rumbling back and forth up and down our neighborhood were half crazy last night.  We had flurries in the forecast, but it hadn't done a thing all day.  It was just a gorgeous, thick cloudy day--the kind of day that's perfect for cardmaking, sewing, drawing, writing or taking a ride.  Of course, this morning I ended up going out to shovel one and a half to two inches of light, fluffy snow.  

There's still plenty of time to make winter cards.    It's easy to add a snowy look to your cards, using pastel pencils.   This works particularly well on kraft paper.


Stamp trees with dark brown chalk ink (I used Colorbox).  Go over the branches with a light green pastel pencil, and then add white to the tops of branches. Voila!  Snow!





If your more in the mood for spring, add a quick pop of color to a scene like this one.


I kept the color very simple, only accenting the eggs and leaves.


Here I used Martha Stewart's Floral Crochet punch along the edge and added a light blue sheet inside the card.

Thanks for stopping by!
Come back soon!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate your comments.