Saturday, August 29, 2015

another one for Susan

Planning this card for Susan, I had a dilemma.  I knew I wanted to use the Serendipity Stamps hollyhock, and I also wanted a fence image to go with it.  But...I wanted to keep this a clean, one-layered card. 



After much puzzling--and one ugly disaster!--I hit upon this solution. 
I die cut this fence from Spellbinders and used it as a mask, sponging around it with Sky Blue and Moss Green.  Then I stamped my hollyhock with watercolor pencils and added a bit of calligraphy.


Thanks for stopping by!
Remember, I love it when you leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. This is just brilliant , I love how you came up with a solution to keep this one layer like you wanted. Sarah this is simply beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along in Serendipity Stamps Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you kept this one layer, great job with the masking! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate your comments.