Friday, August 12, 2016

Cards of August

August has always been one of my least favorite months of the year. 
The summer's grown long-drawn-out and tired.  The flowers are gasping for rain and cooler weather.  
I am longing for fall.
Late this afternoon, this goldfinch was enjoying the remains of our echinacea.




Still, these late summer days have plenty of birthdays ahead, so I've been creating a few cards.

This first one...for our mailman...uses my Hero Arts dandelion, stamped in brown and colored with dusty blue chalk.  I added a bit of leftover ribbon from my scrap box.



This is my first card using the new Momenta paper pad.  Every page looks like a splash of watercolor!  It's almost too pretty to use.  I decided to do a bit of calligraphy and add this dandelion from Stacy Stamps.  (Why is it we hate to see dandelions in the yard, but they look so pretty and carefree on a card?)


This next card was made entirely from scraps and leftovers.


Thanks for visiting!
Come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, and I love it! I guess because it's my birthday month and fall is around the corner. Gorgeous cards! Love them all! That background is Amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate your comments.